Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cover Crush: Good Me Bad Me by Ali Land

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself!  A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful! 

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.

So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....
 
 
 
 
Okay, so this might be one of the creepiest covers I've seen in a long while! It's clearly a face on the right hand side, but other than that I'm not sure what we are looking at....is the mouth made up of tree limbs? Is the left hand side dappled sunlight? Who knows! The inverted nature of the title and the tag line "Forgive Me" leads me to think someone in the story has two very distinct halves to their personality and the bad side does something terrible!
 
Let's learn what the story is really about:
 

'NEW N A M E .
NEW F A M I L Y.
S H I N Y.
NEW.
ME . '

Annie's mother is a serial killer.

The only way she can make it stop is to hand her in to the police.

But out of sight is not out of mind.

As her mother's trial looms, the secrets of her past won't let Annie sleep, even with a new foster family and name - Milly.

A fresh start. Now, surely, she can be whoever she wants to be.

But Milly's mother is a serial killer. And blood is thicker than water.

Good me, bad me.

She is, after all, her mother's daughter...
 
 
 
Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week:
 
 
Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede
 

No comments:

Post a Comment